What's Causing Your Headaches?
MIGRAINE HEADACHES- The Problem
Migraine headaches are reported as being the 6th most disabling illness in the world. They can be triggered due to many factors; ranging from hormonal imbalance, light sensitivity, allergies and dehydration to neuro-metabolic issues. This leaves your brain in a high state of stress and imbalance. The results are a variety of symptoms that take their toll on your life including inability to focus, mood swings and throbbing pain.
The problem is instead of understanding what has caused the imbalance, medications are being given out in hopes to control the situation. But if you don’t take care of the cause, you never correct the problem and your dependency on medications will only grow.
Migraines– Discovering the Root Cause by Taking a Functional Medicine Approach
Here at Rosman Wholeperson Healthcare, we take a different approach to Migraine Headaches, one that is not focused on giving you a label and a pill. As functional medicine specialists, we don’t look to treat, diagnose or focus on the “disease” of Migraines but rather we look for the reasons WHY, How and in What specific ways the brain being affected that can be causing your symptoms.
This approach then allows us to detect the underlying problems so the interference and imbalance can be removed thereby restoring balance and optimizing brain function. By assessing the interconnected function of the systems in your body that all impact brain function, we can then understand how to specifically rebalance the system for optimized function and correction. We look at the external and internal systems and environments that can be impeding optimal brain health and function.
We don’t treat symptoms, we care for YOU, the client so we can understand what is causing your problem so we can give you the answers and solutions you deserve. This allows for a safe reduction in medication dependency while restoring your health and sense of self.
When Migraine Medication Doesn't Work
The 5 Main Factors Linked to Migraine Headaches
- Food Intolerances or Sensitivities. Many foods can cause an inflammatory response in the brain that can lead to migraine headaches. Gluten being one of the leading culprits. This protein found in wheat, barley, rye, oats, and spelt is proinflammatory in more than 80% of the population and can be a triggering factor that is causing migraine headaches.
- Nutrient Deficiencies: There are many nutrients that play an important role in mental health and have been linked to headaches: Magnesium, B12, folate, zinc, copper, EPA and DHA, vitamin D, choline, B6, riboflavin, just to name a few. Due to chronic stress, processed food supply, medication use, toxins and more, our body’s nutritional stores are being depleted with little being added back in. Nutrients are the foundational building blocks that comprise the health of your body that are necessary for every function within the body. If you are not getting what you need, you can not heal, your body can not function normally or optimally.
- Hormonal imbalances. Migraines brought on by increases or decreases in hormones are often noticed right before a woman’s menstrual cycle. These are typically caused by imbalances in estrogen and progesterone—too much estrogen, not enough progesterone. This can be caused by stress; by consuming too much alcohol, sugar, flour, and starches; and by not getting enough exercise or sleep.
- Dehydration: Your brain is comprised of 75-80% water. Many people are walking around chronically dehydrated due to not drinking enough water and instead consuming caffeine, energy drinks, sodas and other beverages that are filled with sugars, additives, colorings and chemicals that negatively impact the brain and can lead to migraine headaches.
- The Gut- Brain Connection has been proven in research dating back to research done by Duke University in the 1930’s. From a functional medicine systems approach, it is understood that inflammation in the gut, which could be caused by parasites, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, fungal overgrowth, medications/antibiotic use, foods or dysbiosis can all produce an inflammatory response that in turn affects the brain. This brain on fire response has been linked to many issues and conditions ranging from Migraine Headaches to Anxiety, ADHD, Depression, Brain Fog to Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Taking Back Our Health- Naturally
At Rosman Wholeperson Healthcare, many people affected by Migraine Headaches seek us out as a last resort to help find alternative, natural solutions. You may be looking for the same solutions.
Clients typically ask for natural treatments for Headaches, Mood and Memory after growing tired of medications that just aren’t working to correct the problem.
We are here when medication is no longer a working solution. This is when the journey begins to supporting you so you can take back your health and your life.
Getting Healthy Starts with Taking Action
If you are ready to break the symptomatic cycle of Migraine Headaches,
If you are ready to regain clarity, confidence and enhanced health,
If you are tired of taking pills that aren’t correcting the problem,
If you are ready to gain the support that you need so you can regain your health and optimize your well-being then request your complimentary consult today.